Thursday, June 7, 2012

I love DOMS

So I'm doing pretty well, but there's room for improvement. My water intake certainly needs some work and these stupid fundraising chocolates have gotten the better of me once or twice, but NO MORE!

The positives - My training!! I've missed it like mad for 6 weeks and this week I finally have DOMS! I LOVE DOMS! Means I've worked hard.
Tonight is netball training and while I'm not technically supposed to play, I will do a fair amount of the training tonight and see how my leg goes. I may even have to play on the weekend to cover a few girls who cannot, but that's fine with me :)

I've not been following calories so much and I think that in order to get the results I want, I need to start doing it. I had a gain this week - all of 600 grams. It's really nothing in the scheme of things and it was only 2 days in between. I'm not going to let that rule me. I had only started training the day before for the first time in nearly 6 weeks and I know that that will have something to do with it. Push on!

I'm doing a 10km fun run this weekend. Ok, I'll really be walking most of it, but I will pull out a few short jogs to test this knee. I don't care how long it takes, as long as I finish! I'm really looking forward to it, and to getting back into the real hard core activities I used to do.

Am loving my local FB 12wbt group this week! They are all such amazing women and I really feel lucky to have their incredible support. We may not be huge like a capital city group, but we all get along so well and everyone has such fantastic advice. I really love that I have people who are reasonably local to me that I can chat to and catch up with on the odd occasion.

So, onwards and upwards. My goal for the next week is to drink AT LEAST 2 litres of water every single day. It makes me feel so much better when I do. I guess the cold weather doesn't make me feel quite as thirsty, but it's something I have to do.

Bring on weigh in next week and a drop in the numbers!! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG Nicky - LOVE DOMS?? HOW??? I am so sore I have struggled to keep going. No DOMS love from me!!!! Good luck this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, another netballer!! Hope your training went well, and you've been able to enjoy a few games over the weekend. I've been playing on and off since primary school (so for 24yrs!), and just love it. Currently I play Wed nights.
    GO YOU! doing a 10km fun run/walk!!! I'm trying to gee myself up to do a 10km run for my major milestone, part of me thinks I'm crazy, part of me thinks it's doable. I'll have to JFDI I think :)

    ReplyDelete