Monday, June 4, 2012

Round 2, Day 1

And it's off to a really good start. Had a good breakfast, ran DD to kinder and then DS and I went to some local tennis courts where he played on the playground and I walked... and walked and walked. Due to the nature of my injury, I'm still unable to run (waiting for physio's ok). I'm really keen to get back into running, but I am NOT keen to derail my recovery so I'll wait as long as I have to before I get right back into everything again. Anyway, 1hr40mins and 612cals later and my tendon is feeling fine. :)

There's a 10kms fun run this weekend that I want to do. I'll be walking it, and maybe mixing a tiny bit of shuffling in there.This week I'll be concentrating on training my leg up ready to complete it. If on Saturday morning it's not feeling up to it, I won't risk it but I'm REALLY hoping it's all good to go.

Strength training tonight. Really looking forward to being able to actually complete a full session tonight and the accompanying DOMS that I'm sure to suffer from tomorrow.

I feel stronger this round. I feel like I can do it. I have faith in myself. This is a chance I'm not going to let pass me by. Here's to week 1 being amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment