Sunday, December 11, 2011

Life after the official 'end'....

Yep, just because the round of 12wbt ends, doesn't mean my journey does. I've gone a little slack. Things are creeping in, BUT I am keeping on top of it all. I'm still training hard. My focus is still on losing weight, it HAS to be. I still have a fair way to go.

Had a 30th last night. Wasn't going to drink, but seeming as it coincided with the 12wbt finale party, I though why the heck not?! I've got something to celebrate too and just because I'm not at the party physically doesn't mean I have to miss out (or so I told myself). haha. 
I saw some people I haven't seen since this journey began and I was blown away with the lovely comments and compliments that people dished out to me. I actually felt like I looked half ok for the first time in a long time and I was more comfortable in such a public gathering than I can remember. Caught up with old friends, made a few new ones and had a great time. Didn't overdo it, but did feel it this morning although a couple of hours catch up sleep, lots of water and a rest have all helped a heap.

Our PT/Bootcamp session yesterday morning was INSANE! I am feeling that today more than anything. We had to push these huge truck tyres around the lake whilst running - about 1.5kms. We then did a heap of tyre flipping and more running. I really enjoyed it and know it worked me really hard. Tennis on top of that and I was stuffed. Very surprised we lasted until 2.30am this morning! haha. 

I've had a nice restful week and although I haven't really trained hard, my body is still shedding the weight. As of yesterday morning I'm officially 2.5kgs away from my 30kg Christmas goal, with plans to smash most of that out this week. I can certainly do this, I just have to kick my own arse into gear and eat well, train hard and JFDI!


No comments:

Post a Comment