Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The long weekend and WIW.

So, let's start this post with some wicked news - I LOST 2.1KGS THIS WEEK!!!!!
This is my biggest loss since the end of last round. I can't believe it!! I've been praying to lose a figure like this for months and I'm so happy that it's finally happened.
I got quite a few compliments on my weight loss this week and I was a bit hesitant in accepting them, because my weight had barely budged. My measurements have been great so I know my body is changing, but this weigh is the icing on the cake for me and a huge motivator to continue having a fantastic week this week.

Now, the long weekend. I didn't take time off training. I didn't eat crap because I could. The long weekend for me was all about spending lots of time outside with my family, eating well and being like every single other day for the rest of my life - clean.

Saturday morning was a log session with bootcamp which was tough. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bootcamp. My trainer is so super fit and whilst I doubt she's ever had any weight problems herself (she was a pro triathlete), she still motivates me and gets the best from me. She knows that I do give it my all (and she knows when I don't). I'm really enjoying the Saturday and Tuesday sessions I have with her.
After that, the kids, hubby and I took our puppy for a little walk for 30 mins. Was just nice getting outside with my little family and enjoying exercise, even if it was just a short walk.
Sunday, hubby and I decided to start getting wood ready for the winter. So off we went with the ute and trailer , hubby on the chainsaw and me on wood stacking duty.
In one hour, I managed to stack the entire ute tray and trailer ON MY OWN with all of the logs that hubby cut. I helped him lift 3 of the big ones that he couldn't handle, but the rest I did.


This is me, feeling pretty triumphant after my efforts. It's a pity I didn't wear my HRM whilst doing it (I had thought about it, but didn't). Next time I will for sure.

Later Sunday, we got out for another walk around and play with the kids outside. I'm really enjoying getting outside with the kids more now and I know it will only benefit all of us to spend lots more time outside in the fresh country air.

Monday we decided to have a picnic for lunch. So after doing a little housework, we took the kids and the dog to the local sports reserve where the kids played on the playground and I did some shooting practice for netball for a good 30 mins. Then we took off on our picnic down by the creek. The kids loved it.
Monday night was Strength training, which involved hurdles, kettlebells, sit ups and a few farmers carry's.
Yesterday morning I did a well over 1000 rep day with kettlebells, situps, and boxing with weights. I LOVE boxing so much and wish I could do more of it.


And that's a QUIET weekend. I am so proud of the fact that I get out and get into training all the time now. I have never had any huge problems with training. I've enjoyed exercise all of my life, but I let excuses get in the way. Now I make excuses for other things so I get to train as often as possible. How good is that?

I'm really starting to love myself a little too. I walk around with so much more confidence. I can go shopping and begin to imagine what it will be like to wear clothes from the 'normal' section. I've been buying clothes that I like that are on sale and are too small for me at the moment, to fit into in a few months. I've gone from a 26 (borderline 28) to a size 20 (and some size 18's) in just over 6 months. I've lost 33kgs. I've lost well over 1.5 metres of measurements off my body. I sleep better. I'm happier. Life is good and I can't wait to live the rest of it.

Bring on weigh in for next week!!! I should be in the 120's bracket very soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post - so positive and so motivating!! And great you got the big drop on the scales (even though your measurements were dropping for some reason, it's nice to see the scales also going down!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've brought tears to my eyes Nicky. That line about starting to love yourself...that's brilliant. You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete