Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm Sorry!!!

I've been on neglectful blogger!!!
It's been 2 weeks since my last post....


In that time, I've been rather busy. Kinder, playgroup, committees, netball, a new coaching role, kids, husbands, family..... hectic. I've continued training hard and eating pretty well.

Yesterday morning I weighed in and hit my 35kg goal. Yep, I've lost 35kgs since August 15th last year. Pretty happy with that (it should be a lot more at this stage, but I'm not going to dwell).

Anyway, after having my newish (3 months old) pair of jeans that are really the only ones that have fit me, fall down to my ankles while walking out to my car today, I went through my closet. I tried a few of my old items on - all WAY too big and time to turf.

I then spied on my the back of my bedroom door hanging up - my wedding dress.

I got married in September 2008 to my loving and supportive husband. I was a big girl and had so much trouble trying to get a dress. It was so super depressing (and the fact that my husband gave me less than 4 months to organise my entire wedding in, was not really all that helpful).

I had tried a few on. Been turned away from all bar one bridal store as I was "a little too cuddly" to fit into their dresses. One of the most amazing and happy times of my life was very tough in the lead up.

After talking with an amazing friend, she offered to MAKE my wedding dress for me. She hadn't made a dress before, but she's an absolute fashion WHIZZ and her mother was an experienced dress maker. I was just fricking happy having something that fit me!!

My dress was amazing! I feel incredible on the day in it (although looking at the photos afterwards were pretty heartbreaking). SO many comments on my beautiful dress and how beautiful I looked in it.

Today I decided to try it on again. I wanted to see if I still fit into it. I weighed in at approx 148kgs on my wedding day in 2008 and even thought I knew I was huge, I NEVER imagined I would gain another 15kgs before hitting my weight peak.

I undid the tonne of buttons that adorned the back of my beautiful dress, placed it over my head, popped my arms through the sleeve holes and....



It swam on me! I didn't imagine it to ever be THAT big! I was just hoping to fit back into it!!

My wedding dress is now MILES too big. Too long. The back overlaps by at least 10cms. There is SO much material. My boobs are dwarfed in it. I felt AMAZING!!





It's such a thrill to smash such a milestone. To think I felt like I looked pretty good on my wedding day (7 weeks pregnant and with my giant gut sucker undies on).... wow! Tonight I wasn't pregnant, I wasn't wearing my gut suckers and I certainly was not that 148kg person I once was.

128kgs baby and going DOWN!

2 comments:

  1. Wow it is a great feeling to have the clothes you once wore now not fit. What a great effort.;)

    ReplyDelete