Sunday, April 15, 2012

Small victories...

Life is CRAZY at the moment. I won't go into detail too much because honestly, I don't have the time!!
I'm playing, coaching, on the committee and organising scoring and canteen rosters for my netball club this year. It's been rather stressful and taken up alot of my time, but it paid off with a HUGE win yesterday (The coach gave me yesterday off - and I'm the coach haha). My first win as a coach and our clubs best day in a VERY long time..... many many years. It was great.

Anyway, I tried my dress on for season 2012 tonight. It's the same dress I've worn the last 2 seasons. The same dress I struggled to stretch over my 163kg frame. I can proudly announce that it fits SO much better! It's so much easier to get on... it's incredible! I used to fight with it big time. I used to make sure I got it on adn done up before I left home for my netball game and refused to take it off, holding my bladder in until I returned home, sometimes up to 6 hours later. I sweated trying to pull it on every week, it was not a nice feeling. And that's just putting it on!!! I attempted to move around a court with it. Not my finest moments.

Tonight shows me how far I've come. I still struggle to see the huge difference that others see. I still look at all the fat parts and wish so much of it was smaller, but I can certainly feel a difference.

I'm not as stressed about wearing it this time around. Will be interesting to see what some of my opponents say too when they see me for the first time since I began losing weight.

I may not be doing as well at the moment as I would have liked, but it certainly helps to see that I HAVE made a difference and even though it could be better, it's still pretty darn good.

1 comment:

  1. keep on going, keep on going..... your doing so well Nicky.

    ReplyDelete