Friday, May 4, 2012

Broken

So I'm out. An injury has totally halted any ideas of training I've had at the moment. I am planning on getting back into some when I can control the pain but for the time being rest, ice and panadeine forte are my pals.




So you'd think that I would be ok with a rest. Gosh, I've been going gung ho for 9 months now, I deserve one. Thanks to my awesome new mindset, each day of not training is causing me mental anguish. Now, mental anguish is not normally a 'good' thing, but I am taking it as a win! Clearly I'm that into training and exercising that it does my head in when I'm not and that is AWESOME! I LOVE training with a passion now and I'm like a lost little puppy without it, but I KNOW I'll be back bigger and better when my knee heals. I just need to take the cues from my body and rest up.




Then the whole 'oh no I'm going to gain everything I've lost' comes into mind. Well, not this week. This week while resting and not taking too much notice of what I've been consuming, I managed to LOSE weight, and it wasn't just a minimal loss - 4.4kgs. Yep, you read right, I dropped 4.4kgs IN A WEEK!! That's my biggest loss to date and brings me pretty much to my half way mark and very close to 40kgs down now. Very exciting, but also very confusing. Not going to think about it too much though... just going to take it as a huge win!



I saw my physio today who's very impressed with my weightloss and she's going to work with me to try and get this knee back into training mode as quickly as possible.
I'm excited to think about being able to walk again properly soon, it's only been 10 days but feels like AGES!



I'm also excited because I feel my mojo coming back. I've got a goal. I am really keen to shed more kgs. I want 20kgs off at least by the end of the year. I'd love to drop the whole 39, but I want to take it a little slower. I want to pressure myself to lose the weight, but not too much because with everything else going on in life at the moment, I could very possibly implode.



And now for the kids.......



Sorry I haven't blogged often. I'm hoping to find a little more time now to reflect on where I've come from and where I'm at now. I'm hoping to be able to set some goals for the near future and I'd LOVE to celebrate that 40kg loss sometime in the next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment