Friday, January 20, 2012

The perils of sick children and being totally disorganised...

So last week I wasn't well. I had an infection which thankfully, some strong AB's fixed. A few days of not being able to eat, shivering, sweating etc... not my idea of fun.
Anyway, I'm back in the training this week and enjoying every moment of it. It's those moments that I'm not training that have been tough. Two unhappy, very sick toddlers. GASTRO. ARGH!!!!!
It's not been the most enjoyable week. My daughter started having symptoms last Monday afternoon and then my Son started on Wednesday. Thankfully, today has been vomit free and I have enough towels again after the billionth load this week.
What the past 2 weeks have taught me, is BE ORGANISED!! Being the 'off season' I have to plan my own meals and since being ill myself, I've not done that. This is how the shit creeps in. If you don't plan, it quickly turns south on you.
So I'm struggling with my eating at the moment. The training is really coming together although I seem to have an overuse injury to my hip, but nothing a bit of voltaren can't help during each session.
I NEED to eat better. I NEED to clear the house of the shit that my husband and friends have dragged in over the festive season. I HAVE to do this for myself. It wasn't that hard last round.... why am I struggling so much now?

Time to screw that head on. Time to tackle the excuses task. Funnily enough, the reason I haven't done it sounds a bit like a piss poor excuse as it is - I want to have plenty of time to sit and think and REALLY get into the nitty gritty of my excuses. I WANT this to REALLY push buttons and flick switches. Time is something I don't have a lot of with two sick toddlers, but I'll find it and it WILL be done by the end of the day this Sunday.

Bring on week 1 already though!! Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment