Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Super excited about squats and lunges - No, I haven't gone completely bonkers!

Good news!!
My knee/hamstring tendon/surrounding muscles have improved enough to the point where I can now lunge and squat without pain!! I'm SO excited!! I've been walking without a limp for one whole week which has been great, but getting the news from the physio that I can no go back to training (not running just yet) has made my fricking year!!

Not being able to run, play netball, do bootcamp or any of my classes for 5 full weeks now has really not done me any favours. I've been very lucky in that I haven't gained weight. I haven't eaten well though and I assume that my metabolism has just sped up and been able to cope with a few weeks of shit. Thankfully!
Now, I'm going to get right back into training - HARD CORE

I start off with longer walks - 3-5kms building up to 6-7kms before I do a 10km fun run (which I will walk) on June 10th. I have sets os squats and lunges and hamstring strengthening exercises to do several times a day and all going well, I get to hop back on the netball court in 3 weeks!! Gosh I feel like I've been away from exercise for months! I know my fitness levels will have taken a massive hit even though I've been doing little things that I could (boxing etc) while I've been off, but I'm prepared to put in the work to get back where I was.

I'm fricking stoked though!! Bring on the blood, sweat and tears (minus a little blood).

Just makes me even more determined to kick some arse this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment