Saturday, October 8, 2011

Waiting for the day that I actually ENJOY running....

So I've been up since before the sun this morning for an early PT session. My early PT session is in town which involves a trip of around about 45 mins. I was early for my session so I walked 2 brisk laps before it started.... no point sitting in the car waiting doing nothing.
We did a circuit of 15's - 15 leg raise things, 15 kettle bells, 12 tricep curls and a run. We had to to 8 of these circuits as quickly as we could. Thankfully I didn't have to run as far so kept up with my super fit sister and BIL.
After that, they went for a 3km time trial and I just walked another 1.5kms. Nice way to burn 600 cals all before 9am.

I've since come home and finished off my fitness test (with the help of MIL who looked after the kids while I did my 1km time trial). Good grief I look forward to the day where I can run the whole 1km, and acutally ENJOY it! It's so hard to do it at this size although it's alot easier than it was 8 weeks (and nearly 17 kgs) ago ;)


My results have all improved. A couple of things I've moved from beginner to intermediate... and I'm nearly in advanced for push ups of all things (although I do them on my knees ;) ).

So my results as follows - remember... this is from someone lugging around between 145-150kgs, so there will be no stand out performances here.

1km time trial - wk 1 12m11sec   wk 4 11m23sec (48 secs off)
Push ups (in 1min) - wk 1 14, wk 4 29 (I'm only 1-2 off advanced!)
Wall sit (1 min) - wk 1 30secs,  wk 4 1m6sec
Ab stage - wk 1 0 (I could only get halfway up), wk 4 stage 1
Sit and reach - wk 1 -8, wk 4 -5

So improvements everywhere, some actually quite substantial. I'll be interested to see what the results will be after the 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment