Thursday, November 17, 2011

I had a bit of a wardrobe cleanout today. I had to do a spring clean of my room so decided to try on a few things I was wearing 13 weeks ago.... Well, there's a pair of denim shorts that haven't stayed up for at least 8 weeks that I've had to put away, a pair of my fave jeans, a few tops and a jacket. All WAY too big!! OMG YES!! Clothes that are actually TOO BIG for ME!! I never thought I'd see the day!

So I've kept them. I've put them aside to use as my "wholly crap look how much weight I've lost... look at the mammoth clothes I used to wear" outfits. I'm envisaging myself standing in one leg of my jeans in 12 months time.... fingers crossed that's how it goes.

It's weird. I never thought I was as big as I was.  I never thought in my wildest dreams that I'd lose weight either.... and here I am, whether I can see it myself or not. The numbers don't lie (but my eyes and brain certainly do!).

So goodbye sizes 24-26 (yes, I'm ashamed to admit I was in a size 26 at my biggest just 13 odd weeks ago). Hello size 20 jeans that I got on today :) I can still fit into some of my old stuff, so I'll be keeping it until it falls off me. I can't afford to buy clothes every few weeks! haha.
 I used to buy size 24 clothing and squeeze myself into them... never wanting to admit that I was really a 26. Now I'm fitting in size 20 jeans of all things. I've also got a couple of size 20 tops that fit and although not everything in that bracket can go on just yet, I know it's only a matter of weeks away really. I have a size 20 top that my Mum bought me a few weeks ago that I'm hoping fits me for Christmas day.... I'm planning on a loss of 7.4kgs by then so with any luck it will fit.

Next stop.... size 18 clothing that I haven't been in for 9 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment