Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WOW WOW

25 kgs lost !!!!!!!!!!!
I was so excited to step on the scales this morning and see 138.0kgs staring right back at me. It's SOOOOOO nice to be down in the 130's.
Last night, I conquered my first 12km walk/run. I'd previously done 8kms and wanted to better myself and I also have a goal of smashing out 30kms this week.
I was stuffed when I got back. I did week 5 day 1 of the couch 25k program in the middle and I'm astounded that at this size I can actually run for 5 mins straight and not die.
Last night was also my first continual 1000cal burn. Normally, I will do my SSS's over several sessions in the day. I did it all in one without stopping, burning 1125cals. I also did the 12kms in 1hr49mins and 30 seconds which for someone of my size I think is pretty good... I certainly didn't break any records by my aim was under 2 hours and I got it.

This program has done so much for me. I don't want to waffle on about it too much for fear of boring people, but I'm just astonished with what I've accomplished in such a short time... and it really hasn't been THAT hard! I've had family living with us for nearly the entire program and I've still managed to kick goals. I possibly could have done a little better, but I try not to think about it like that.

I cannot WAIT to get back into it next round. I'm hoping that in the 'off season' I can get another 10kgs off. I should be able to. I CAN! I want to have lost 50kgs total by the end of April next year - that's a bit over 5 months for 25kgs... only 5kgs a month. I can do that! That's not a big ask at all. The Christmas period will test me, but I am determined not to fall off the wagon totally. I'm determined to get back into it. This is my new life now. This is how I will train and eat forever from now on. I don't remember how I was before I started the 12wbt which is awesome in itself.

I cannot believe there is only 1 weigh in left. This has flown. I always thought that within the first few weeks I would fall off and quit. I got to 4 weeks and although I did have a pretty hefty gain, I was still going. I got to 8 weeks and was amazed. I'm now sitting in week 11 and I've got 7 days until my final weigh in. I'm going to make it count and go out with a bang... although it's not the end. There is no end. This is for life.



ETA: I also want to do a massive shout out to my good friend R, who today weighed in at under 100kgs. She's not doing the 12wbt, but she has managed to lose more than 50kgs this year alone. I'm so excited for you R!! You rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment