Monday, November 28, 2011

It's not everyday a famous person talks about you to an audience of nearly 40,000 people!!
Today I was shocked when a friend messaged me and told me that I had been mentioned in a facebook post on the 12wbt. Gosh... I get so excited for my friends when they get a mention, but little ol' me?

It was about my 12km effort. I knew it was a slog... heck my legs turned to jelly not to long after I got home, but to have someone like Mish and her 12wbt team notice my effort, even though it's probably not alot for some of those really fit and healthy people out there, was a huge shock and an even greater Honour.

I have been so inspired by so so many people during this, my first round of the 12wbt. I have a couple of groups on FB that I talk to often.... My 'M' girls (they know who they are!) who I talk to daily, often several times a day. They were the first people other than those running the 12wbt who knew my weight, who saw my before pics, who heard all about my ups and downs. They've been such a wonderful group to be a part of and I'm forever grateful to each and every one of them. They inspire me to be who I am today.

The people on the forums are just as amazing. It's so nice to go onto a forum that's so full of love and positive energy. There is always someone around with some wonderful advice, or some encouraging words.

And then to have the big wigs - the trainers, the dieticians, the people behind the 12wbt notice my posts... it's such a warm fuzzy feeling.  I'm so grateful to so many people, it's hard to know where to start!

Mish, you've nailed it. You've created a fool proof program. A program that can be followed for life. A program that allows people to be themselves, but also find themselves. To make themselves into better versions. You've created a warm space. A super friendly forum with such a wealth of knowledge. For the last 15 odd weeks I've had excitement running through my veins. I've been so excited from the outset and that feeling has not dulled down. I'm excited to see that yes, the numbers DO move. I CAN do anything I put my mind to. It's really not as hard as everyone makes it out to be, this weight loss caper.

Losing weight can be done. You have to find that belief in yourself. Once you've found that golden ticket, the doors to everything you've ever dreamed of can finally be opened.

Get out there and have a crack! Seriously... if someone like me can do something like this, anyone can. I truly believe in this program. I've got the numbers, the experiences and the life to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment