Saturday, August 20, 2011

I can still smell the fries....

Grocery night last night was a real win. I bought heaps of fresh fruit and veggies, had a good look around for some snacks and found some low cal protein bars for every so often when I need a bit of a choccie kick.
I refrained buying anything for me that I would normally buy.

We went and got dinner afterwards and we HAD to drive past both a McDonalds and KFC. You know that smell that wafts out of your local takeaway store that you can't decide if it's actually a 'nice' smell or not? The same smell that's not left me since my 7 year stint at a McDonalds (and now we get an idea of how the weight battle all started to snowball....).We parked in a car park between the two and I'm not going to lie... I had MANY thoughts about a quick run through the  McDrive Thru but quickly quashed them. Subway was where we (and about 15 others) were headed.
Sorry Ron, it's just not working out

Once I stepped into the store we were totally fine. I wasn't sure if I'd get a roll or a salad so I went halfway and got a wrap. It was delicious! Washed it down with a nice bottle of water, considered a sundae for about 10 seconds and then decided that I was full enough and we continued on. Hubbster and I were discussing weight loss rewards for me. At 5kgs, he's getting me a facial voucher. At 10, it's a trip to the hairdresser. 15kgs we hadn't yet decided (maybe some new clothes?) and at 20 he's getting me a full day spa package (that one was totally his idea!). I told him at 30kgs it's a weekend away and 50 is a 2 week holiday to QLD - NO KIDS! hehe It's nice to have something to work towards and everytime I see that stinking golden arches sign I will give it the stink eye.... there's no way it's holding me back from 2 weeks sunning it up in the tropics!

Never, never never Drive Thru


I've noticed the last few days that I haven't been ridiculously thirsty overnight. Normally, I take a huge glass of water to bed and wake up several times a night to drink. The last 2 nights at least I've been able to sleep right through the night. I feel so much better... I'm not so tired and lethargic. I'm brighter. I'm not snapping at the kids as often either. I am not sure if it's because of the foods I am fueling myself with, or if it's just an entire mindset shift? Either way it's all good news.

Today we are getting measured for bridesmaid dresses for my sisters wedding. I'm a bit worried about it because 1, I don't want to know (even thought I NEED to) and 2, if   WHEN I do manage to lose a bit of weight, the measurements will be completely wrong. I'm not sure if I order a dress for the size I am now, or to go down a size and make myself fit into it (can only be another motivator right?)...

What would you do?

Oh and the egg white omlette with garlic mushrooms - 2 thumbs up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment