Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekends can be evil...

Ooo Weekends are going to be tricky little buggers, aren't they?!
Yesterday we went on a day trip to visit family. I made sure I had breakfast before we went and because we left so early in the morning there really wasn't time for any exercise. Therefore yesterday was dubbed "rest day".
I took some rice crackers and a protein bar for snacks in case I got hungry and planned on a sandwhich/salad for lunch depending on where we were.
So the morning went great. I drank heaps of water and wasn't really hungry until lunch time. The plan was to grab some salad and rolls from the supermarket and go crazy. Well, plans change. Fish and Chips were the order of the day and I wasn't too worried because I've been so good for a fortnight.
Naughty!! I felt guilty after agreeing, so I ordered as healthily as I could - a peice of grilled fish and 2 steamed dim sims. Unfortunately, the steamed dim sims weren't included in the order and the fish wasn't going to be enough to sustain me until dinner time, so I opted to eat a potato cake and about 6-8 chips and that was it. Usually I'd down a couple of potato cakes, half a plate of chips, piece of fish, a couple of fried dim sims...... wash it down with coke and feel so sick afterwards. My mind is in a better place now and I did as well as I could have.

We left very late afternoon and I didn't feel hungry so the rice crackers and protein bar weren't touched - no snacks for the day.  We didn't get anywhere near home by dinner time and the kids were hungry so we decided to have a treat night. It had been such a long day and we were exhausted. The kids had KFC and we had subway ;) I think considering what I would have done not so long ago, yesterday was a good day! Iwouldn't have been much outside my calorie limit (I don't think), so was happy with how I'd went. 3 litres of water (I had a mouthful of coke.... I won't be doing that for a while!!). A good day :)

This morning I woke early and I went for an hours walk. I know, walks are supposed to be crap for burning calories but when you're this size anything that gets you moving it pretty good. I ended up burning 459 calories!! Stoked! I was a little tired afterwards (I was walking as fast as these little legs could carry me non stop!), but I've felt so great all day!
Grabbed a quick breakfast (poached eggs) and then was off to a tupperware party. Cakes, biscuits, party pies sausage rolls..... it was a MINEFIELD! I took a packet of rice crackers with me and was so good I had one serving of those (approx 12 crackers) and drank my water, very happy with myself for not stuffing up my day with fatty sugary crap!

So it's been an interesting weekend. I'm now home, safe in these walls where we don't have a lot of crap that can tempt me. Even if we did, I'm feeling so strong at the moment I wouldn't touch it ;)



Edit: I've just burnt another 186 cals doing Wii active :) Exercise bike was being naughty.
My total burnt for today is 645 baby!!!! I feel like I could burn a few more tonight, but I think I'll give myself a rest. No point going gang busters and being worn out for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment