Friday, September 9, 2011

I've been going really well with my morning wake ups and walks. Yesterday I got up to use the loo at 5.55am and checked the time. Decided I'd go back to bed for 30 mins then get up and go for my walk. After 2 steps I told my self NO! You will do it now because if you go back to bed you will not wake up!
So I JFDI! I LOVE that saying! I'm living by it at the moment.
Smashed out 493cals in 1hr 6mins just walking. Awesome ;)

We had a family BBQ last night. I went prepared.... only salad and some extra lean beef chevaps (2 because I worked it they would fit into my calorie allowance). I did well. I did take a tiny bite out hubbys crusty bread roll with a little margarine on it, but that was it. I said no to everything else. No creamy pastas. No sausages. No pudding for dessert! Washed everything down with my trusty bottle of water and still enjoyed myself :)

My family saw me for the first time in 2 weeks and my sisters said they could def tell I'd lost weight. They already knew how much I'd lost because I'd told them, but it was so good for them to recognise it.
My parent's neighbours who are like Grandparents to us were there too. I haven't seen them for a couple of months and they had no idea I was following this program. Anyway, my 'grandmother' said straight away " Nicky, you've lost weight! You've lost LOTS of weight! You look fantastic!"
Ahhh music to my ears!!! I ended up telling the entire family about what I'd done and what I was aiming for over the next 3 months. They were all so super supportive and happy about it all. My sisters were really interested in what I was doing (and one sister who is doing this with me and hasn't started yet... well hopefully I've given her the motivation to get her backside into gear).
Even my Dad said he saw that I'd lost weight. For my Dad to say that... well clearly I've shifted quite a bit. I know deep down he is proud of me, even if he doesn't say it. He'll be so proud of me when I DO lose the 20kgs I'm aiming for by Christmas :)

So a late night was had.... VERY late night and I felt it in my best interests to forgo my walk this morning. I woke at 7.30 with a headache and I've been drinking water since I've gotten up and it's subsiding. I will do something today.... even if it's only half an hour and I don't burn my 300cals.

I am also going to make use of the calorie king website again. I haven't used it for about a week and I've snuck a few little things in that I 'think' are keeping my under my limits.... but I cannot be sure and I WANT to be sure.
Time for my late breakfast and housework! Tonnes to do today so that incidental exercise will probably burn a bit without me even knowing it. :)

1 comment:

  1. To be able to say no to sausages and get up before 6am - you are awesome! :)

    I've put your blog on my blog list so I can keep up with your transformation. :)

    Vikki

    ReplyDelete